Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The effort and time ...

So, last Sunday, I attended the Disney Princess on Ice. Yes, I went. Not because I wanted to, but for the sake of obligation. Just a conversation which led up to the day's event.


Some months ago, I was having a chat with Vibrante staff and suddenly, Debbie asked us....

Debbie (to everyone): Eh, who wants to go for Princess on Ice?

Me: Nope. Not my thing but thanks for asking anyway.

Debbie: No, no. When I ask like that, It means that I am paying for all of you. You don't need to pay. Siew May, Yiing Hui, want to go or not?

Siew May: Err ... not sure lah. Maybe go back hometown.

Debbie: Yiing Hui leh?

Yiing Hui: Also dunno lar.

Debbie: Seki, you sure you don't want to go? I'm paying you know?

Me: It's not a matter of who pays. It's not my thing to go. But thanks.

So, I got home feeling all relieved that I was not in a position where I was forced to attend something I didn't enjoy (plus the theme of this show was the dreadful and most horrible colour in my personal taste since the day of my existence ... PINK).

During dinnertime ...

Dad: Hey, keep your 22nd March free, okay?

Me: ...

Sis: Why?

Dad: I bought 4 tickets for all of us to go watch ... Disney Princess on Ice!!!

Me: ...

Mom and Sis: (indistinct chattering over previous experiences on Disney on Ice)

Me: ...

Me: May I be excused? I'm done.

Went up to my room ...

Me: @#$%&*!!!!!!

So, looks like i have to go regardless of whether i escaped or not.

Anyway, the day came and reluctantly, I forced myself to attend for the sake of obligations and a filial son's duty. I decided to go grab myself a little childhood because I thought to myself that if I wasn't going to enjoy the show, the least is that I can still relive a little bit of my memoirs. So, I went out to the foyer to get myself a bag of candy floss.

Me: Hi, can I get a bag of these?

Cashier: Sure. They come packaged with a Jawlipop (a medium sized lollipop)

Me: Oh, cool! (thinks to myself that this is a good deal) How much do I owe you?

Cashier: Three, zero....

Me: I'm sorry?

Cashier: Thirty Ringgit

Me: Thirty bucks....

Cashier: Yes.

Just then another cashier walked in.

Cashier 2: Hi sir.

Me: Uhh... hi... (still shocked over what I heard)

I handed over a fifty bucks note still dumbfounded.

Cashier: Here's a twenty change. Thanks! Come again, ya? (Smiles)

Me: Uhh.... ya.... Sure....

WTH????? 30 bucks for a handful of sugar?




The jawlipop package ... wow ... I feel darn "jawli" about it....
More like into the mouth of JAWS....



The bag of sugar....



Still can't get over the fact that it costed me RM30....


Can You imagine how much more I could get with that ammount of money? Probably 15 bags of the same size or more! I was willing to pay RM5 seeing that it is, afterall, a Disney event, but this is madness! So what if it was an original Disney Merchandise? It's not like I can reuse the plastic bag unless for a trash bag ... It's not like the stick of the jawlipop can shoot darts out or is shaped as a sword or even used as a pen! It's just a stupid stick made of compressed paper!

Disney Princess on Ice, this memory you gave me shall haunt me and take my word ... I will never forget what expensive lesson it has taught me.

=_='''

3 comments:

Lois said...

Ahahahhahaha....damn funny !
with adding Rm 10 more , you can go to another orchestra concert !


In this case , I will persist not to buy loh, although I already asked the price and holding the candy on my hand ....hahaha...I have "thick face" .

Lose your money or your face ?
hahahahah

Seki said...

for me will be money... lol

Ruth said...

u were there?! issh! theresa, veron and i were there too. ahhah! =)could have shared ur candy floss with me, the lover of sugar yknow! =p ahhah!